Martin Pro-draft Parallel Straightedge

Martin Pro-draft Parallel Straightedge, 42-InchI recently bought this to rehab an old drafting table I picked up second hand. The acrylic edges and light build are about what you expect for the money, as is the small amount of play when sliding. Overall it will certainly work for drafting furniture plans and rough drawings in the shop

I looked everywhere online for a cheap parallel bar for a drafting table and its pretty much impossible to find a decent one for under $100. Martin isnt the best brand, but priced under the $100 mark it does a great job and was exactly what I was looking for. Set up was pretty simple, the only hard part was screwing into the drafting table. All in all this is a good product for the price and feels like it should hold up pretty well with age.

Buy Martin Pro-draft Parallel Straightedge Now

I was a little worried that for the price it might not be up to par, but the quality is quite decent and the ruler slides very smoothly.

The only, tiny, negative is that there aren't instructions on setting it up... on the other hand, there are four corners and four sets of slot/grips. You wont struggle for more than a couple of minutes to get it right.

Read Best Reviews of Martin Pro-draft Parallel Straightedge Here

There's not much to say other than all of the 8 black screws that are supposed to be used to mount this onto a drafting board were missing in the shipment. I contacted the seller AATVA and they contacted Martin Universal Design directly to have the screws sent to me. AATVA never followed up with me after I had contacted them the first time. I eventually had to deal directly with Martin Universal Design. It took Martin Universal 4 times to finally send the correct missing parts. At one point they sent me one screw, yes 1 screw. I now own 8 additional black mounting clamps, and a bunch of small silver screws (that the instructions specifically say NOT to use).

Want Martin Pro-draft Parallel Straightedge Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment