Crestline 304 2-in-1 Table Top Teaching Magnetic Whiteboard and Hardboard Easel - Clips, Hooks and P

Crestline 304 2-in-1 Table Top Teaching Magnetic Whiteboard and Hardboard Easel - Clips, Hooks and PegsI got this board for my son who loves to play with magnetic letters and magformers and also loves to draw (white board and on paper). I looked at many more "fun looking" toddler easels, but while they were more colorful and had more 'pizzaz,' they were also limiting in terms of age and size -this one seemed it would grow with us. It's nice and big. Stands sturdy, has a tray on front a back for holding pens, markers, etc. I do plan to stain it a darker color the wood is nice and sanded, but with a toddler using it, it will look pretty bad really fast. I don't see that as a design flaw, just a choice.

The one thing that was a tad annoying is that the pilot holes for attaching the trays to the easel itself were not aligned, so there was no way to attach the tray on one side, without tools. Now, I have a drill gun and was able to drill a new hole and put it together without a problem, but if you dont' have such tools, and you get a defective one, you'd be in trouble. I'm writing this because I ALMOST painted it before I assembled it which would have made it un-returnable (if I weren't able to drill holes myself). So if anyone else is looking at this for similar reasons just make sure it all goes together before you alter it in any way. Other than that I look forward to seeing my son's face on Christmas morning we're going to get a lot of use out of this baby!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment