Darice Black Metal Floor Easel

Darice Black Metal Floor EaselThis strong easel was discovered by one of my college students. He popped it up in one of our field trips and it is amazing. It is very sturdy and stable and has some respectable heft to it. It is strong and won't blow over or knock over easy. Made of steel and metal. It has an adjustable pad or canvas holder and can adjust to vertical or flat angle and everything in between. It is lightweight and easy to carry once collapsed. It makes a nice studio easel too but for light work, the neck adjusts up to 30-32 inch tall or so. It probably won't be advisable for overly heavy, large, or oversized canvases. It has two hangers on each of the front legs to hang a pencil bucket or rinse bucket if needed. The telescopic legs retract inside and are a cinch to drop out and tighten down in seconds. If you are a tall person like my student (6 feet tall and over) or if you are short like me, it still works perfectly because the height of the legs and pad/canvas holder can be vertically adjusted.

I am recommending this to all my students for their painting and drawing work out in the field!

Someone got smart and developed an amazing easel! Thanks!

My art professor and a fellow student purchased this easel and loved it, so they suggested it to me after I told them I was having issues with the one I had bough earlier. I would definitely suggest this easel to anyone looking for a quality but cheap portable easel. It is tall enough, stable enough, and heavy enough to work well for out door drawing or painting. It's also just light enough to make it easy for travel. The last easel I bought turned out to be too short for me. Being slightly over 6 feet can make finding a good portable easel seemingly difficult. This easel however adjusts really well and can go quite high with very simple adjustments that don't require you to basically take the whole thing apart. I wish it came with a carrying case though or something to make it easier to move it from place to place. My only real complaint about the easel though is that the welding isn't that good on the bolts that allow you to screw the legs into place. The first time I used it the pressure of the screw against the leg to hold it snapped the bolt right off after a few times of locking and unlocking the legs so I could fold it up and move. This was easily fixed with some welding glue, but really shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

However for the price it's a very minor issue that I think was probably an isolated incident. However to keep it from happening with the other legs and parts of the easel I used welding glue to reinforce them all, it was a real pain to not be able to use the easel for the rest of my trip at the zoo. (I am glad I'm writing this now though instead of back then, if I had written this review at the time I would have given it 1 star and been just ranting probably, it was rather upsetting at the time.)

I am very glad I bought this easel and only wish I had asked my teacher and classmates about portable easels the day I decided to look into getting one, would have saved me about $20. I still use this easel when I can and will sometimes bring it to class with me to avoid using some of the old, loose, and sometimes broken wooden easels. This is probably the single best piece of art equipment I've bought for a long time.

Buy Darice Black Metal Floor Easel Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment