B. Toys Kids Flip Down Wood Easel/art Desk Combo In Espresso

B. Toys Kids Flip Down Wood Easel/art Desk Combo In EspressoI bought this for my son two years ago. The easel has a dry-erase side and a chalk-board side. The chalk-board side isn't done properly and is too smooth--chalk doesn't write on it. Also, it doesn't function well as a desk. When folded down to a desk it's too high for any child under 5 to sit and reach (the desk area is 24" high when folded down)--and any children's chair is too low for it. I tried stacking pillows for a few months, but it was difficult. Even as an art easel I had to set up a step-stool for my son--then 3--to reach it to paint. Also, the bins underneath make it uncomfortable to sit at as the child's feet hit the bins. And, there is a section of wood on the top of the easel that sticks up making it hard for kids to reach/put their arms down to color, etc. when it's folded down as a desk.

The dry-erase works great, my kids have had fun using that and the paper that rolls up over the top for painting. I primarily wanted to use this as a desk, with the added feature of the art easel and have been disappointed that I couldn't do that. I'm thinking about cutting a few inches off the bottom of the legs-removing the bins and the wood pieces that hold then, removing the extra wood piece on the top of the easel to make it more usable as a desk. It's annoying that I have to make so many modifications though.

Save 26% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment