Norcom Wirebound Sketchbook, 11 x 9 Inches, 80 Sheets, White (77088-12)

Norcom Wirebound Sketchbook, 11 x 9 Inches, 80 Sheets, White
  • Heavy Weight Paper
  • Long Lasting Twin Wire
  • Wirebound.
  • Wirebound

I bought this for my first art course in 10yrs so I was a little unsure what to look for. I wanted the cheapest sketchbook I could find just in case it wasn't the right kind and I needed to buy a different one. As it turned out this sketchbook worked great! It has a heavy duty cover so it can handle being shoved into a backpack or locker. I think it even got rained on a few times and still protected my pictures.

Be aware that the paper isn't that thick. I honestly don't know what's standard as for as thickness for paper in sketchbooks but I would rate this on the lighter side. There was a few times where I had to be sure to leave a page blank so that the next picture wouldn't peek through. A lot of what I was doing involved animation so this translucency worked out great overall. And its not a cheap kind of lightweight. You can definitely tell the paper is of quality.

Overall I was very happy. I got a great product for a great price. I believe anyone from the beginner to a more advanced artist could use this. Although, if you plan on using a lot of markers or anytime of paint/liquidy ink then I would look for something more heavy duty.

Buy Norcom Wirebound Sketchbook, 11 x 9 Inches, 80 Sheets, White (77088-12) Now

Well constructed and made in USA, which is more and more important to us these days. Nice size for kids and at eighty pages long, can last a while. Very good quality. Recommended.

Read Best Reviews of Norcom Wirebound Sketchbook, 11 x 9 Inches, 80 Sheets, White (77088-12) Here

This is actually my favorite sketchbook, specifically because it's so cheap.

As an art student myself (and not always the best artist, but working on it), I always thought of sketchbooks as sacred homages to my best art, and if there was a page that soiled the expensive, heavy paper, it made the most of it worthless. So with pricy, high-quality paper, I would very much limit how much I would sketch.

Not so, with this one. The paper is cheap and light, so it doesn't feel like it's a shrine to art. I make plenty of mistakes and I don't feel bad about them, and because I'm not afraid of mistakes, my art comes out better. Whenever I can pick these up, I do. They're such a great value for their cost.

I would recommend this for people who want to do a lot of fast drawings who are going to make mistakes.

However, I would NOT recommend this for a person who wants to produce a beautiful, finished piece in this sketchbook. The paper is cheap, so it lacks that texture that is traditional to sketchbooks, and it can be kind of a pain to erase marks without leaving obvious smudges. However, I've inked plenty of pieces with it and I've always been happy with the results. Because I scan in my stuff and finish it digitally, though, line quality isn't as important to me.

Want Norcom Wirebound Sketchbook, 11 x 9 Inches, 80 Sheets, White (77088-12) Discount?

Nice pad and decently durable I've had no issue at all and seems to hold the color well nice product

My daughter loves the way she can draw in these books, she is on her 11th one. She says you can erase and not have black smudge lines.They are a bargin and worth the shipping costs, much cheaper than those art/sketch books found at Michael's or Joann's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment