Art Advantage 18-Inch by 18-Inch Artist Sketch Board

Art Advantage 18-Inch by 18-Inch Artist Sketch BoardI originally received this as a gift. It worked out so well I bought another. At first I needed something hard for drawing outside on, or downstairs by the tV, even in the play room when doing homework with the kids (works great as a "chalk/marker board" for teaching), and just about anywhere other than my art desk. (Basically I use it as a portable desk/black board). I usually work on 11X14 sheets so a regular clipboard wasn't going to work. This is for all intents and purposes is a very large clipboard. However, at 18X18 this worked out great and allowed me plenty of space to work on my larger pictures (12X16 and 12X18). If you need a smaller version then check out Art Advantage 13-Inch by 17-Inch Artist Sketch Board. However, if you are in need of an even larger one then look at Art Advantage 23-Inch by 26-Inch Artist Sketch Board or Art Advantage 26-Inch by 38-Inch Artist Sketch Board.

Not only do I use it for drawing on, but I found that it works great for storing my in-progress pictures, which I conveniently secure with the clip and detachable red band. The red band is essentially a large/thick rubber band. It is not attached and is re-moveable and adjustable. You can use it to strap down larger images or position it closer to the top clip for smaller pictures. You can also remove the band entirely if you need to. The handle on the side is good for transporting. I usually clip and band my pictures/papers then use the handle to travel.

I have also used the sketch board to secure watercolor papers and to smooth out wrinkled or kinked papers/mats/etc. For watercolor papers, you can tape your paper down and/or use the clip and red band to secure your paper flat. If you need to stretch your watercolor paper, pre-moisten your paper by soaking in the tub or bucket (15-20 minutes for >140lbs, 10-15 minutes for

0 comments:

Post a Comment