Guerrilla Painter Medium French Resistance Pochade

Guerrilla Painter Medium French Resistance PochadeI have just started to paint in plein-air and I wanted to have a box that would hold the materials I use, plus have some sort of support for the canvas/paper. But I didn't want to cart with me an easel, mostly because all the outdoor easels I've seen looked kind of flimsy or not sturdy enough.

This pochade box has a nice finish and it looks quite well constructed. it is solid with a beautiful finish and hardware. It has enough room inside to store and carry tubes of watercolor or acrylic paint, plus a separate compartment for brushes. It is very easy to set it up atop a tripod with the tripod-mount plate it has on its bottom, and it is quite sturdy, staying planted firmly on the ground while I paint.

In their advertising, the people who make these pochade boxes tell you that you can actually use the bottom of the box as a palette and pour and mix acrylic or oil paint in it. I'm a neat-freak and I don't think I will ever do that, preferring to use my own separate palette.

All in all, I am very happy with this pochade box and I recommend it wholeheartedly to any artist who enjoys painting in the great outdoors.

Save 12% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment