Art Alternatives Paint Tray Palette, 10 Wells with Thumb Hole

Art Alternatives Paint Tray Palette, 10 Wells with Thumb HoleNote that I have given this smallish plastic palette five stars. I really have mixed emotions about this. Let me explain.

First, this is indeed a very functional palette. I use is strictly for water colors but it could well be used for acrylics or any other water based paint. With the ten wells you have plenty of places to mix. The palette is extremely easy to wash and there is no stain carry-over that you so often find in this sort of product. It is light which makes it easy on the hand and is not overly burdensome when you pack it with your other gear. I like the fact as it is white as it allows me to see my colors better.

On the other hand, this palette is most certainly made for smaller hands. While my hands are not overly large, they are never-the -less not what you would call petite either. This, for me, is a bit of a problem. I use it of course, but to be frank it is a pretty tight fit. Of course I usually work setting down and normally have the thing placed on a table or work bench close by which is not a problem when used like this. These would be ideal for those with small hands and of course children.

There is also the cost consideration. When I first saw these on this site they were over six dollars apiece. Wow! If you did not have Amazon Prime or some such cost savings program, this was a bit steep. I see now that they are selling for $3.75. This is better. I paid $3.00 apiece for them at a local art supply store plus tax...it sort of all equaled out. If you have Amazon Prime or get a supersaver deal, then the price here is not all that bad. If you must pay shipping (I have no idea what that is) then you probably should check around a bit.

Functionally this is a nice item. Cost effectiveness here is a bit problematic. A few years ago I would not have been overly concerned with a couple of dollars here and there but to be honest, times are hard and ever dollar you save counts; at least it does for me. I suppose it all depend upon the availability of these in your neck of the woods and what your local dealer is asking.

My five star rating is more for the functionality of this item than anything else. I cannot be critical because of the size of my hands. (Hey, I held it before I bought it so I knew what I was getting. They potential buyer though on-line needs to be aware of this.

Don Blankenship

The Ozarks

I have small hands and this fits perfectly. It's big enough to hold all the paint I need it to. I would recommend it for someone who is just getting into painting.

Buy Art Alternatives Paint Tray Palette, 10 Wells with Thumb Hole Now

The price of $6.79 for one of these palettes is ridiculous!!! I should have read closer, I thought I was buying 10 of them! These sell at art stores and other online vendors for $1-$2 each not almost $7.00!!! Please keep searching for similar items this price is absurd!!

Read Best Reviews of Art Alternatives Paint Tray Palette, 10 Wells with Thumb Hole Here

This is a very nice little and very inexpensive palette. I bought ten of these at a local art shop and paid about on dollar more per palette than here.

I give private art lessons, for the most part to children and young adults. These are an ideal size and I use them for my water color classes and acrylic. This smaller size is ideal for smaller hands. I have small hands myself so it works out great for me to.

These are extremely easy to clean. I make the kids clean up their own mess after we work and they have a much easier time cleaning these than the plates. Bowls and such I used before.

This was a good investment. I highly recommend this product.

Want Art Alternatives Paint Tray Palette, 10 Wells with Thumb Hole Discount?

If you want a nice, little palette for watercolor sketches or a quick, three-tone painting or something similar, this should do the trick. Other than that, you're going to need a much bigger palette. I usually use a palette with 20 wells and a large mixing space in the middle. I thought I might be able to use this one for smaller projects, but I guess I just use too much paint for this little guy.

If you want a palette that fulfills all your painting needs, don't go for this one.

Save 14% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment